Pages


Tuesday 19 March 2013

Dear Reader, I was reading Alexander's Pope's 'Eloisa to Abelard' and now I can't seem to get these lines out of my head so I feel compelled to write them down..

Look at me, my beloved, for it is when you look that I feel alive,
When you burn, I catch, fire
Oh yes, it is when you look at me that I feel alive....
Like Galatea compelled to come to life by the love of her creator Pygmalion....
Look at me my love, for the light in your eyes makes me feel like a work of a Renaissance Master,
Beautiful, yet simple....aloof yet passionate.....calm yet turbulent...Oh yes, just look at me once....just once..
Alas, we are to be apart forever......so let me be the Eloise to your Abelard....let me be Isolde to your Tristan...oh let me be...
Look at me my beloved, one last time....let me feel beautiful, desired, loved.....Let me feel human just once before I turn back to stone, before I wither in my bloom, lost forever to my gloom.....The poet who penned these did know a little about parting...So look at me one last time beloved let me see that soft light in your eyes, the one that makes me feel warm inside...although our love will forever be chaste, I feel like I've experienced all the passions love brings.....so, look at me...oh look at me my beloved, for I love you back.... so,  let me say all that is unsaid through my eyes to yours....
Through my heart to yours.......



Frederick William Burton, Hellelil and Hildebrand, The Meeting on the Turret Stairs, 1864 

No comments:

Post a Comment